 |
| Part of the cast working on a scene in rehearsal |
Life in London seems to become busier and busier every week, but in only the best ways. As with any theatrical production, my work load has progressively increased over the past two weeks as we draw closer and closer to tech. At this point, we have ten rehearsals left until we move into the theatre space, and the actors' characters are already well-developed. Rehearsals are moving along very well, and I'm confident that this production is going to be very strong.
Monday through Thursday this week, the cast continued working on their scenes (which include group scenes, monologues, asides, dances, and musical performances). In addition to the progress that the cast is making, I feel that the design team is also making a great amount of headway. The sound designers, lighting designer, and scenic designer are in the rehearsal room nearly every day, and the costume supervisor and design assistant also pop into rehearsals as often as possible to contribute.
 |
| Design assistant testing out makeup |
I've also become quite a master at sourcing props (which the stage managers are required to do in the UK, but not in the US). At first, props sourcing was just a tedious task that I was completely uninterested in, but it's actually become a little fun, because it's a challenge that I'm not used to. Whenever I find good deals on furniture/props that are within our budget and easily accessible to purchase, I feel like I've made a huge accomplishment!
Overall, I feel that everyone in the team is contributing 100% of their effort to the production, and I'm looking forward to the progress we'll make within the next two weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment