Thursday, 25 October 2012
A Walk in the Park
Anyone who knows me well knows that I love to walk. In Chicago, I walk everywhere I can, time and weather permitting. I walk to the gym and school (45 min walk from my studio), to church (15 min), and to the house where I nanny (15 min). Working out at the gym has always been a good way to exercise, but it doesn't allow for exploration. Walking has enabled me to discover Chicago in new ways and observe the people and happenings of the city; I've discovered new restaurants, shops, and parks that I would have never known about had I been stuck on a treadmill.
In London, I've found that my love of walking as a way to both exercise and explore is one of the best ways to get to know the city. While the Tube is helpful on the extremely rainy days, I try to walk as much as possible. My favorite commute is my route between ISH (, the International Student Housing where I live,) and Central (school). The walk is approximately 45 minutes, half of which takes me straight through Regent's Park. Regent's Park is one of the royal parks in London, and contains Queen Mary's Garden, the London Zoo, and several cafes and soccer fields. The walk through Regents is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, especially in autumn. The tree colors change day by day, and my commute never looks the same as it did the day before.
While many of the other students choose the 15 minute tube ride to school, I choose to discover London.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment